Whatever is causing your stress to overflow, I understand and I’m right there with you. What am I doing about it? Reconnecting with my itty bitty resilience practices.
My Itty Bitty Resilience Practices
- Listen to music. All kinds. Softly. Loudly. Whatever it takes to put a smile on my face and get me moving.
- Watch funny pet videos. Laughing changes my physical and emotional energy immediately. It’s even better when I share laughs with someone else.
- Light candles. When I feel like I need a boost of calm, I light a favorite candle. The scent and flickering flame make me feel more grounded. As I write this to you, I’ve got a lit candle right here on my desk.
- Reach out to friends and family. Lifting up someone else lifts me up too.
- Show understanding and compassion. I accept my feelings as valid and trust that they will pass. I’ve had a lot of practice overcoming challenging times. I can do hard things!
Do you have resilience practices? If so, share your favorite practice in the comments?